Brush Saw & Clearing Saw Safety & Efficiency
Canadian Trainers Foundation Registration
Based on the Unique Clearing Technique manual from Husqvarna Sweden, the course duration can be from 1 to 5 days depending on your needs.
Subjects covered are:
- OH&S Regulations, Completing the; ERP, Tail board, FLHA etc.
- PPE, Hard hat c/w muffs and screen, long pants, long sleeve shirt, CSA boots and Glasses, Gloves
- Unit Assembly & Pre-use Inspection
- Fuel Mixture
- Blade Types
- Filing the Blades
- Harness Adjustment
- Starting on the ground and in the harness
- 15m minimum safe working zone from other workers
- Cutting techniques to develop directional control
- Cutting techniques to develop a 1.75m width with control
- Cutting bunched or limb tied trees
- Cutting trees up to 12” or 300cm base diameter
- Post Use Inspection
- Transport & Storage
Course duration is between 6 to 7 hours, but can take longer depending on travel time to site.
Perfect conditions for cutting is an area with immature trees mixed species ranging in size from 5cm to 300cm in diameter and 3 to 7 meters high.